I/O Graduate Admission Procedures
The I/O program accepts incoming students the fall of each year. Students interested in applying to our graduate program must meet the requirements of and submit an application to both the Department of Psychology Graduate Admissions Committee and the Florida International University Graduate School. All applicants must submit their materials prior to the academic year in which they are seeking admission.
The following materials must be uploaded and submitted to the University Graduate School by December 1st. If you have an questions about the application deadline please contact us.
- Complete the Online Graduate Application.
- Curriculum vitae or resume that provides pertinent information on previous experience, education, honors, awards, interests, community service and achievements.
- A statement of intent, including a discussion of educational and career objectives, and the relationship of the MS or Ph.D. degree to the achievement of those objectives. Statements should not exceed three typewritten, double- spaced pages.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons who are in a position to evaluate the applicant's previous professional, academic, and personal performance, and her/his potential for success in a graduate program. Forms are available from the University Graduate School but are not required by the department. Letters should be written on letterhead or stationery. Letters of recommendation must be uploaded or sent directly by the letter writer to the University Graduate School.
- Two different writing samples- academic or work related
- Complete the Departmental Application and upload this with your other application materials to the University Graduate School Application Portal.
All application materials and supporting documentation must be received in the online system of the University Graduate School by December 1st for admission. Your file will not be reviewed until all materials have been successfully uploaded. Applications completed after the date will be held over for the following year. Late applicants cannot be guaranteed consideration. Admission to the graduate programs is only for the Fall semester. Completed Application Materials should be uploaded through the University Graduate School application portal Apply Now
No hard copies of application materials will be accepted by email or mail by the Department of Psychology. If you have any trouble uploading materials you must then mail the hard copies directly to the University Graduate School so they may upload the materials for you.
Florida International University Graduate Admission Requirements
The University Graduate School website has many valuable resources to aid in the application process.
The following are the University’s Graduate Admission Requirements
1. Online Graduate Application (your application to the Department will not be reviewed until this has been completed)
2. Certified/ Official transcripts of all college level work. Please submit Certified/Official Transcripts of all college level work to:
Graduate Admissions Office
BT 201, Modesto A. Maidique Campus
11200 S.W. 8th Street
Miami, FL 33199
Foreign Applicants: Please note you must provide a copy of your transcripts to graduate admissions and a translation from a recognized translation agency or official translator. Some suggested agencies are listed on the UGS web site at: http:/gradschool.fiu.edufuture-students-international.shtml
3. The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) General Test. Send official scores to Florida International University (Code: 5206) University Graduate School.
4. International graduate student applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit a score for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). A total score of 92 on the TOEFL (equivalent to 580 in the TOEFL) is required.
For more information about the Department of Psychology's application process please contact the graduate office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (305-348-2881). If you are inquiring about the status of your application please send an email with your name and Panther ID to email@example.com. Only email inquiries will be accepted to check the status of your application.
Checklist of Requirements
- Minimum TOEFL: 580
- Minimum GRE-Verbal: 150
- Minimum GRE-Quantitative: 150
- Minimum Total GRE Score : 300
- Minimum undergraduate GPA: 3.5
- Letters of Recommendation required: 3