Office: DM 383 A
Phone: (305) 348-4165
- Ph.D. Human Resources Management University of Iowa- , Iowa City
- MS Civil & Environmental Engineering University of Iowa- Iowa City
Dr. Viswesvaran conducts research on personnel selection, performance appraisal, and personality assessments in the workplace. He employs meta-analytic methods and also investigates related methodological issues in research. Dr. Viswesvaran teaches personnel psychology, personnel selection, training, psychological assessment, as well as proseminars in industrial-organizational psychology. Dr. Viswesvaran serves on the editorial boards of Journal of Applied Psychology, Educational and Psychological Measurement, Journal of Organizational Behavior, Journal of Personnel Psychology, Journal of Business and Psychology and is the Editor of the International Journal of Selection and Assessment. Dr. Viswesvaran is a fellow of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) as well as a Fellow of Division 5 (measurement) and Division 14 (Industrial- organizational psychology) of the American Psychological Association.
- INP 6216 Personnel Selection
- INP 6090 Organizational Consulting
- INP 6235 Training
- CLP 6436 Introduction to Psychological Assessment
- INP 4203 Personnel Psychology
- INP 4055 Senior Lab in I/O
- Viswesvaran, C., Ones, D. S., & Schmidt, F. L. (2008). No New Terrain: Reliability and Construct Validity of Job Performance Ratings. Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice.
- Ones, D. S., Dilchert, S., Viswesvaran, C., & Judge, T. (2007). In support of personality assessments in organizational settings. Personnel Psychology, 60, 995-1027.
- Ones, D. S., & Viswesvaran, C. (2007). Labor market influences on personality scale scores among job applicants: Four field studies in personnel selection settings. Zeitschrift für Personalpsychologie, 6, 71-84.
- Connolly, J. J., Kavanagh, E. J., & Viswesvaran, C. (2007). The convergent validity between self and observer ratings of personality: A meta-analytic review. International Journal of Selection and Assessment, 15, 110-117.
- Mesmer-Magnus, J. R., & Viswesvaran, C. (2007) Inducing maximal versus typical learning through the provision of a pre-training goal orientation. Human Performance, 20, 205-222.
- Ones, D. S., & Viswesvaran, C. (2007). A Research Note on the Incremental Validity of Job Knowledge and Integrity Tests for Predicting Maximal Performance. Human Performance, 20, 293-303.
- Mesmer-Magnus, J., Viswesvaran, C., Deshpande, S., & Joseph, J. (2006). Social desirability: The role of over-claiming, self-esteem, and emotional intelligence. Psychology Science, 48(3), 336-356.
- Mesmer-Magnus, J. R., & Viswesvaran, C. (2006). How family-friendly work environments affect work/family conflict: A meta-analytic investigation. Journal of Labor Research, 27, 555-574.
- Cooper-Hakim, A., & Viswesvaran, C. (2005). The construct of work commitment: testing an integrative framework. Psychological Bulletin, 131, 241-259.
- Viswesvaran, C., Schmidt, F. L., & Ones, D. S. (2005). Is there a general factor in ratings of job performance? A meta-analytic framework for disentangling substantive and error influences. Journal of Applied Psychology, 90, 108-131
- Van Rooy, D., & Viswesvaran, C. (2004). Emotional intelligence: A meta-analytic investigation of predictive validity and nomological net. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 65, 71-95.